Thursday, July 2, 2009

so tired

I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything..
If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know??
I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done..

A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it..
I saw a bank that said "24 Hour Banking," but I don't have that much time..
I have an existential map. It has 'you are here' written all over it..

it's a moment..
when no word no line was left to be spoken..
I am lost..
I am losing grip..

I open the map again..
and still.. It has 'you are here' written all over it..

I am not joking
because..
if you tell a joke in the forest, but nobody laughs, was it a joke??

I am so tired



**love other quotes from Steven Wright " Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories"***