Sunday, August 30, 2009

fears

Never leave that until tomorrow, which you could do today.
Have you been told about that proverb??
I don’t know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I’d say it had a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure. Fear of pain. Fear of rejection. Sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if we’re wrong. What if we make a mistake we can’t undo. Whatever it is we are afraid of, one thing holds true. That by the time the pain of not doing the thing gets worse than the fear of doing it.
We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore, until we finally understand for ourselves. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping. And that even the biggest failure, even the worst most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying.

Do you know how tired I am?
Do you know how scared I am?
But I do it
I do it for you..

Life's too short to be afraid
So take a pill to numb the pain
You don't have to take the blame