Thursday, February 19, 2009

risk taken

Yesterday, he surprised me “I have very good news to tell you”
Then he told me about something,.
After that, smile came
he smiled, I smiled, we smiled.

I remembered one day he told me about making decision.
Every decision takes risks.
Every decision takes things that may impede us from achieving our objectives.
May be something bad happening, something not expect, risk of loss opportunity.
Threat.
Hazard.
Opportunity.
Uncertain outcomes.
All about uncertainly.

and when something bad happening, impede us from our goals, make us down, make us messed up, make us become somebody who make mistakes, it’s OK because mistakes are how we learn.

'There's always someone worse off than you are.' That's what some people say when they want to cheer us up. And he said to me too, he said to cheer me up. Oh yes. Very inspiring, I'm sure.
I repeat what he said 'There's always someone worse off than you are.' What?? We are supposed to feel better just because someone else is feeling worse??
I don’t think so!
Surely, we ought to be looking at the folk who are better off than we are, and then asking them what their secrets are….

Silent for a moment.
He was thinking.
“ you always remind me when I become absent-minded”, he said.
I replied, “what?? have you become absent-minded with age ?"
Risk taken !!
he laughed, I laughed, we laughed
laughed
not just smiled